Canine Wellness Profile (CWP)
Available Pack Sizes
24 pack p/n 500-0044-24
Only available for VetScan VS2
- ALB – Albumin
- BUN – Blood Urea Nitrogen
- CRE – Creatinine ⎯ PHOS – Phosphorus
- ALP – Alkaline Phosphatase
- CA – Calcium
- *GLOB – Globulin
- TBIL – Total Bilirubin
- ALT – Alanine Aminotransferase
- CHW – Canine Heartworm Antigen Test
- GLU – Glucose
- TP – Total Protein
CWP is the only chemistry profile that combines an automated heartworm test with additional parameters to test liver and kidney function to evaluate overall health.
- Comprehensive wellness testing and heartworm screening prior to prescribing heartworm preventative.
- Young dogs >6 months to obtain baseline values and begin heartworm screening prior to administering preventatives.
- Adult dogs <7 years to screen for common abnormalities found in young patients without clinical signs.
- Diagnosis of heartworm disease in patients suspected of having infection while gathering baseline values prior to administering treatment.
- Monitoring internal organ function in a patient previously determined to have a heartworm infection at a wellness or recheck visit.
- Primary or secondary testing to confirm unexpected results. The American Heartworm Society recommends confirmatory testing of any asymptomatic heartworm positive patient with limited exposure.
- Benefits of the Canine Wellness Profile:
- Using the VetScan VS2 Chemistry Analyzer with Intelligent Quality Control (iQC) to test both general chemistries and heartworm, the CWP:
- Reduces interpretive mistakes.
- Removes possibility of misreading light.reactions as negative (false negatives).
- Removes false positives from evaluating results after recommended time (non-specific reactions).
- Easily and effectively expand affordable wellness testing to screen for subclinical disease at the point of care.
- Reduces nurse time, sample handling time and having to use multiple methods or send out.
- Reduce costs with combined
chemistry and heartworm testing and increase profits.
- Increase profits by increasing testing compliance at a more affordable cost to your clients.
- Provides peace of mind for the client, veterinarian and staff.
For more information visit www.remsystems.com.au