This article is sponsored content brought to you by Royal Canin.
SKIN SUPPORT COMPLEX: Turmeric, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C and Taurine
The Skin Support Complex has been clinically proven to increase canine fibroblast migration and decrease permeability of canine keratinocytes3.
This improves the healing potential of the skin and strengthens the skin barrier to environmental or infectious insults.
- Curcumin, an extract of turmeric, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory
properties by modulating cytokine and eicosanoid production.
- Aloe Vera is a known anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and analgesic with strong wound healing properties.
- Vitamin C is a potent anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Taurine stimulates the production of glycosphingolipids, a skin lipid considered to be an important antimicrobial defence.
SKIN BARRIER COMPLEX: B Vitamins and Histidine
- Clinically proven to increase the synthesis of ceramides by canine
keratinocytes in culture2
- Has been shown to increase total epidermal lipid synthesis2
- When fed, these specific nutrients reduce transepidermal water loss in dogs when compared to those fed a control diet2
ANTIOXIDANT COMPLEX: Vitamins E and C, Taurine and Lutein
- With inflammation and disease, anti-oxidants become more important.
Skin Support is enriched with anti-oxidants to help reduce oxidative stress
and cell damage by neutralising free radicals.
KEY FEATURES OF THE DIET:
1. Formulated with a patented Skin Support complex consisting of turmeric, aloe vera, vitamin C and taurine
2. Skin Support contains the highest EPA and DHA omega 3 fatty acid levels of all diets in the Royal Canin dermatology range
3. The Skin Barrier complex is a specially formulated complex of nutrients targeting the reduction of water loss through the skin by strengthening the barrier effect of the skin.
4. Formulated with a patented anti-oxidant complex of vitamins E and C, taurine and lutein
KEY BENEFITS OF THE DIET:
1. The Skin Support complex strengthens the skin’s natural defences and promotes healing
2. EPA & DHA omega 3 fatty acids help to reduce inflammation of the skin and help improve pruritic skin conditions
3. The Skin Barrier complex increases ceramide synthesis which strengthens the skin barrier and reduces transepidermal water loss
4. The synergistic antioxidant complex reduces oxidative stress and damage to cells by neutralising free radicals
Visit Royal Canin.
1. Elias P, Friend D (1975). The permeability barrier in mammalian epidermis, J Cell Biol; 65: 180-191.
2. Watson A et al. (2006). Dietary constituents are able to play a beneficial role in canine epidermal barrier function. Exp Derm; 15: 74-81.
3. Fray TR et al. (2004). A combination of Aloe Vera, Curcumin, Vitamin C and Taurine increases Canine Fibroblast Migration and Decreases Tritated Water Diffusion across Canine Keratinocytes in vitro. J Nut; 134: 2117S – 2119S.
Royal Canin SAS 2018. All rights reserved.