This article is sponsored content brought to you by Virbac.
Effective treatment of otitis externa requires the persistence of antimicrobial actives in the ear for a period of time. Sometimes vets are reluctant to cleanse ears whilst treating for otitis externa in the event that cleaning will diminish the action of treatment medications(s). A recent study1 has confirmed that the prolonged concentrations in the ear canal of the gentamicin and miconazole actives in EasOtic at 10 and 15 days following treatment is not affected by the cleaning of ears with EpiOtic 30 minutes prior.
- Gentamicin concentrations were above the MIC90 of Staphylococcus pseudintermedius strains. (0.5 μg/ml) on D10 and D15 (Figure 1).
- Average miconazole concentrations were above the MIC90 of Malassezia pachydermatis strains. (0.75 μg/ml) on D10 and D15.
- No side effects were reported in the trial.
WHAT IS EASOTIC®?
- Once daily, single-press dose for 5 days for external ear infections in dogs
- Anti-inflammatory effects for rapid relief
- Broad-spectrum effective antimicrobials for yeast, bacterial and fungal otitis
- Prescription medication
WHY CHOOSE EASOTIC®?
- Delivers excellent clinical results rapidly
- Improved compliance means better treatment results • Reliable, consistent dose
- Easy to use
- Gentle application to the dog’s ear
Triple active ear suspension for dogs with ear infections of bacterial, fungal or inflammatory origin.
Hydrocortisone aceponate 1.11 mg/mL
Miconazole nitrate 15.1 mg/mL
Gentamicin sulphate 1505 IU/mL
EpiOtic® antimicrobial ear cleanser aids in the treatment of otitis externa.
WHAT IS EPIOTIC®?
- Alcohol-free, non-irritant ear cleanser
- Keratolytic, keratoplastic and bacteriostatic actions • Safe: can be used regularly
- Can be used on ears and also skin lesions
- Easy to use
WHY CHOOSE EPIOTIC®?
- Aids in the treatment of otitis externa
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial activity • Useful cleaning and preventative agent • Superior coverage and adhesion
Safe, regular ear cleanser and also an aid in managing otitis externa and preventing its recurrence.
Lactic acid 25 mg/mL
Salicylic acid 1.1 mg/mL
Also contains docusate sodium, propylene glycol and chloroxylenol (parachlorometaxylenol-PCMX)
Cleaning of the ears with EpiOtic before each application of EasOtic did not dramatically affect its prolonged antimicrobial effect.
The first easy to use and effective therapy for ear infections (otitis externa) in dogs.
For more information contact the team at Virbac
Tel: 1800 242 100