This article is sponsored content brought to you by Virbac.
According to the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) Global Dental Guidelines, proper care and maintenance for a pet’s oral health includes:
1. Professional plaque removal, and
2. An at-home management regime which includes:
- Daily tooth brushing: using specialised paste and brush
- Dental chews: that are specially designed to remove plaque and tartar, strengthen the jaw bone, and stimulate the production of saliva
- Oral mouth rinses: to help prevent plaque accumulation and reduce gingivitis, and
- Water additives to help control plaque
A new addition to the Virbac Dental Portfolio: VeggieDent® FR3SH
To compliment the Virbac dental portfolio which consists of the water additive AQUADENT® FR3SH, and oral mouth rinse HEXARINSE®, we welcome VeggieDent® FR3SH which uses Virbac’s innovative FR3SH technology to target the causes of bad breath in 3 ways and has the VOHC® seal of Acceptance™ to help control plaque and tartar.
Causes of bad breath
Two out of three dogs have bad breath2. Bad breath can be a sign of deeper health concerns, such as issues with teeth and gums, or issues with other parts of the body. While plaque build-up on the teeth and bacteria in the mouth can cause serious problems,1 digestive issues may also be a sign. Bad breath can result from gastrointestinal problems due to unbalanced intestinal microflora.
NEW VeggieDent® FR3SH Dental Chews target the causes of bad breath in 3 ways.
New VeggieDent® FR3SH contains 3 key ingredients, Pomegranate to address the oral causes of bad breath, Erythritol to cool and freshen the mouth and Inulin, a prebiotic, to address digestive causes of bad breath. Along with its unique Z-shape which allows it to reach front and back teeth and everywhere in between, VeggieDent® FR3SH dental chews consistently scrape away plaque and tartar and have been accepted by the Veterinary Oral Health Care Council (VOHC®).
Palatable and healthy formula
VeggieDent® FR3SH is a tasty and healthy dental chew that helps controls plaque and tartar which dogs love.
A natural, plant-based alternative to rawhide chews—free of animal protein and wheat gluten.
Non-GMO corn used, no artificial ingredients, and low in calories.
Tasty brewer’s yeast makes for a great smell for owners and a great acceptance from dogs.
Improvement of bad breath was perceived by 90% of owners and 87% would recommend the product3.
For more information about VeggieDent® FR3SH, head to au.virbac.com/dental care
“Periodontal disease is the most common problem affecting dogs and cats, and has numerous severe local and systemic ramifications. WSAVA’s Global Dental Guidelines document the critical nature of home dental care as prevention and treatment of periodontal disease. Plaque forms in 24 hours, tartar in 3 days, and gingivitis as fast as 2 weeks. Daily homecare is critical in therapy. Consistent and effective active homecare is rarely performed, therefore passive homecare is likely the best option. When looking for options, ask for research or look for the VOHC® seal of Acceptance™ for proof of efficacy.”—Dr Brook A. Niemiec, DVM, Diplomate AVDC, Diplomate EVDC, Fellow AVD
1. Niemiec BA, Gawor J, Nemec A, et al. World Small Animal Veterinary Association Global Dental Guidelines. https://wsava.org/global-guidelines/global-dental-guidelines/. Accessed March 2, 2021. 2. Eubanks DL. Canine oral malodor. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2006;42:77–79. 3. Chala V, Chaix G, Navarro C, Espuna G. Evaluation of breath freshening effect in dogs following chew administration: an open field trial. Voorsjaardagen congress, The Hague, NL, April 2018.