MIXED PRACTICE VETERINARIAN REQUIRED
- $5k Relocation assistance
- 4 day work week
- 70% companion, 30% large animals or choose 100% companion
Don Crosby Veterinary Surgeons is a long established 6-vet mixed practice operating out of two fully equipped hospitals in Dubbo and Narromine.
We are a large busy practice that prides itself on having a great relationship with clients, customer satisfaction and going above and beyond for patient care.
Ideally, we would like an experienced mixed vet however this position will also suit a motivated recent graduate who wants to come to a large rural regional centre and be exposed to a large variety of mixed practice cases.
- We work a 4 day week with a rotating weekly RDO and a shared on-call roster.
- After a weekend on duty you will have a 4 day or a 5 day weekend off.
- The mix of work is approximately 70% companion and 30% large animal.
Our Facilities & Services:
- Digital radiography in 2 locations
- Ultrasound for large and small animals – 3 machines with all probe sizes
- Endoscopes including a bronchoscope
- Rigid Rhinoscope
- iM3 Elite Dental station and iM3 Dental Xray in both locations
- Multi-parameter anaesthetic monitoring
- In house blood machines, Idexx Catalyst and Procyte plus Coag and urine analyser
- i-Stat blood gas monitor
- Small Animal Orthopaedics
- Separate dog/cat hospital wards, isolation, diagnostic room and dog runs
- Equine facilities including horse stocks, powerfloat
- Mare Reproduction
- Cattle Pregnancy Testing
- Bull Semen Evaluation
Team members are not only chosen for their technical skills, knowledge and enthusiasm, but also for their personality creating a friendly and professional atmosphere.
Vets are encouraged to pursue particular interests and engage in continuing education every year.
Our permanent nursing staff are fully qualified and are engaged in the treatment and care of patients. They attend conferences and seminars throughout the year.
Our full-time receptionists are extremely efficient and will make your paperwork so much easier!
Salary and Benefits:
- Base salary (plus super) depends on your skills and experience however a vet with over 5 years’ mixed experience can expect upwards of $100,000; a vet with 5 years’ experience $90-95,000 and a recently graduated vet with up to 3 years can expect $75-80,000.
- + $5,000 relocation assistance.
- Phone and work vehicle provided.
- 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week of CE leave plus annual allowance, 2 days paid volunteer leave, paid parental leave
- AVA membership and VSB registration paid plus VIN membership, Plumbs App subscription and many more benefits.
As part of Apiam Animal Health – Australia’s largest rural and production animal veterinary group – we offer considerable opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Apiam’s clinics are in the heartlands of Australia’s dairy, beef feedlot and pig regions, and include several significant companion animal clinics.
The opportunity to develop extra skills in your area of special interest is encouraged. We offer industry-leading internal training as well as genuine support for your career progression including a formal leadership development program.
New and recently graduated vets benefit from Apiam’s Graduate Development Program. We recognize that the transition to practice can be a challenging time. This program includes monthly support webinars with Make Headway, a mentor program and the “Grad Week Conference” which provides practical seminars and workshops to help fast track your skills.
See more at www.apiam.com.au/career-opportunities/
Dubbo is a vibrant, growing regional city with a range of sporting, cultural and recreational facilities, restaurants, shops and excellent transport links. For more information about Dubbo, go to www.dubbotourism.com.au
To speak to one of our vets or to apply, please contact Dr Leisa Denaro firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph 0437 293 046