The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), was established in North Ryde, Sydney in 2007 with a second hospital opening on the Central Coast of New South Wales in 2017. We are also excited to announce that we are opening a brand new purpose-built specialist veterinary facility in South Australia in August/ September 2021. Our core purpose is to help pets and their families live their best life.
SASH is the largest veterinary specialist hospital group in the Southern Hemisphere. We are privileged to care for over 18,000 pets and their families each year. SASH offers a wide range of specialist services including Anaesthesia, Avian & Exotics, Cardiology, Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Medical and Radiation Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pathology, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Reproduction Medicine, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation, Surgery and a renowned 24-hour Emergency and Critical Care department.
About the Role:
This position is not for the faint hearted and requires someone with an excellent work ethic, being willing to work to the highest standard. We are growing the team, on the back of growth of the team and the hospital itself. This is a full-time, permanent position and requires a nurse who is available for a rotating roster including overnights and weekends. The position includes, but is not limited to:
- Admission & triage of emergency patients
- Forward planning of care for Critical patients prior to their arrival
- Providing support for all medical procedures on critical care patients for the day or night
- Plan and perform anaesthesia for unstable or critically ill patients
- Perform treatments and post-operative care
- Communication with clients when admitting and discharging patients
We are looking for a someone who can work independently with a reliable, adaptable and proactive approach to situations. To be successfully selected, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Great work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Good knowledge of medical diseases & medical terminology as well as Extensive knowledge of most medical procedures
- Experience in General Anaesthesia, with ventilation highly regarded
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar Emergency or after-hours care environment
The SASH experience:
You will be joining a fast-paced environment, working with fabulous people and a team committed to helping pets and their families live their best life. The animal health care industry is extremely rewarding and you will have an opportunity to make a difference.
- Be part of an organisation committed to its people and culture
- Contribute to defining excellence in animal healthcare
- Walking distance from public transport
If you are interested in growing your career with SASH, please forward your resume with a cover letter quoting ENV/2021 to email@example.com